Seeing as we all love bullet point lists so much I thought I would do another one of those. What? Only I like those? Oh well, no likey no readey (that's readey pronounced reedee).
- Had a double mastectomy with reconstruction on May 2nd. Seriously the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Seriously.
- Had my nubs (what I named my implants) filled 4 times over 6 weeks. That also blew massive ass chunks.
- Had my echo come back showing low output for my heart. Not sure if it's a left over chemo side effect or the wicked awesome Herceptin side effect. Had another echo a week ago to monitor and will get the results on the 9th.
- Decided to join Cancervive which is a bike ride from Calgary, AB to Lewiston, ME. Yes that's Maine you are not seeing things. It takes 10 days and I figure what better way to give cancer the middle finger than killing myself riding my bike across North America. Should be fun times.
- Moved out of my boyfriend's house and back in with my parents. Cancer is hard and put that on top of a new relationship and it gets even harder. We are still together and in love and all that awesome stuff, we just decided that until I'm done treatment it's better that we don't live together. I have a lot of seriously conflicted thoughts about it but I know deep down that it's what is the best thing to saving our relationship for the long term.
- Still have non-functioning ovaries which yay no need for birth control but boo no need for birth control.
- Still having some crazy ass hot flashes and murder level rage but see previous bullet for explanation of why.
- My hair is finally coming in like crazy, although I do look a whole lot like a really butchy lesbian right now.
The only answer I have right now is to not give up. I must show the universe that they didn't waste their time on me.